Monday 3 October 2011

A beautifully benevolent gift

A couple of months ago Molly and I (and our cream tea fundraising) were featured in a local Reading paper... this article prompted the lovely Ms Della Henry to get in touch with me and ask more about the Participatory Photography project.

Della has been a photography enthusiast for years and gathered quite a collection of wares in her time... when I visited Della for a cuppa she offered me a HUGE box of cameras and accessories, which is worth a lot of money altogether! 

Della doesn't photograph anymore and she'd like them to go to good use, she suggested I sell some for fundriasing and possibly use a couple of SLRs for workshops in Ecuador.  

I am blown away by this generosity from a complete stranger, and the strength of this message about photography - this lady believes as strongly as I do that photography is a worthwhile practice for young people in need of confidence and community.  

THANK YOU DELLA!! You have proved that benevolence isn't a myth... just when I was begining to lose faith!!  

The box was harbouring some real treats - including a Canon AE-1 plus Canon lenses, plenty of Hoya polarizing filter, a Brownie flash and Ross Enisgn Ful-Vue... and much more!  


No comments:

Post a Comment